Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The First Month: Alcohol

I've been thinking about doing this for quite awhile. I'm not running quite as many miles as I was while training for Boston - so, I thought it would be important to do a better job on reducing calories. Also, in certain doses alcohol is toxic (duhhh) - so, I've been thinking that I need to at least try to see if completely removing alcohol will make a difference.

After nine days here is what I've found - I'm probably a little too dependent on alcohol as a stress reliever. Most disturbing was a dream I had where I failed to make it the whole month. Apparently there is a part of my subconcious that is fairly dependent.

Also interesting has been the reaction of my friends and family. Most of them think that I'm going a little far. They know my love of good beer and wonder why I would want to do that to myself. Some other people don't understand why this is a big deal at all.

In my next post I'm going to write about why some of our bodies crave something that seems to be so bad for it. I'm also going to summarize the effects of alcohol on our body.

No comments:

Post a Comment